Let your host use broad knowledge of the local area, including lesser-known (and less touristy!) hidden gems, to plan a unique excursion for you. Choose one theme for a specialized outing, or for variety combine 2 themes for a half-day or up to 3 for a full-day trip:
- Hiking – many great loop hikes, vistas, and interesting sights are to be found along the Bruce Trail, and I know some of the best uncrowded spots.
- Swimming – rock beaches and refreshing waters of Georgian Bay, gentle sand beaches and shallow waters of Lake Huron, inland lakes, and old-fashioned swimming holes along rivers… there is tremendous variety for every taste.
- Paddling – Calm inland lakes, rugged coastal spots, or try a one-way run down the Saugeen or Beaver rivers.
- Bicycling – rail trails or designated MTB areas, there are lots to choose from.
- Geocaching – Grey-Bruce has a large concentration of caches in some amazing locations… I know some of the best!
- Food & Drink – Wineries, beers, cider and a surprising range of food styles can be found here once you know where to look.
- History & Culture – Museums, galleries, Old-Order Amish areas, and more!
- Arts & Crafts – from visual arts to pottery and everything (and then some!) in between, Grey-Bruce is packed with artisans to suit your interests.
- Lighthouses – Some, like the stone towers, are iconic. All are historic, and a few you can actually tour inside!
- Waterfalls – From Bridal Veil falls to dramatic Plunges, they are all beautiful.
- Yoga & Healing Arts – This region has a high concentration of yoga instructors, venues, as well was varied types of alternative healing modalities (Reiki, etc.)
- Labyrinths – not to be confused with mazes, there are several of these “walking meditation” installations
Self-guided tours include suggested itinerary & route, thorough directions & super-detailed colour map of Grey-Bruce… and host’s cell number in case you get lost or have questions along the way 🙂 If you prefer commentary and direct guidance, escorted trips provide accompaniment and flexibility (your vehicle). Consult current rate card for costs.