Ontario has moved into step 3 of reopening as of July 16th. For local area COVID updates see Grey-Bruce Public Health unit.
COVID-19 Risk Mitigation
I approach hosting professionally and have proactively developed a strategy to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission. This page details what is being done so prospective guests can make an informed choice about whether they feel confident staying here:
- Between mid-May and mid-October, there are two airbnb listings on this property (cabin and yurt). For guest privacy, and COVID safety, both listings are never booked concurrently. When I get a reservation on one, the other is blocked off for those dates so that guests can be assured they will have exclusive use of the property, its features and amenities.
- High-touch non-porous surfaces (e.g., metal door handle, plastic light switch) on guest accommodation and outhouse are cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant spray after each guest stay.
- The cordwood cabin and yurt are unique rustic accommodations and many interior surfaces (e.g., wood, stone, felt fabric) are natural, unfinished or porous, and cannot be disinfected with solutions or sprays. In lieu of this, as an added guest safety measure, I actively manage the booking calendar to ensure a buffer of at least 72 hours between guest occupancy, which is in excess of what is believed to be the timeframe coronavirus can live on surfaces.
- The toilet has always been thoroughly cleaned with detergent between guests, and continues to be.
- If you are a returning guest having stayed here prior to 2020, take note there is no longer guest access to shared spaces or amenities at the house.
- As part of check-in, your host will take you to your accommodations and provide a brief orientation. It is possible to maintain distance inside the cabin/yurt but host and guests must wear masks while inside. To minimize the time required, please read the Guest Guide provided in your accommodation or, even better, download it ahead of time from the guest resources page.
- Guests share use of the the 50 acre property and its features with the host. There is ample space outdoors for safe physical distancing to be maintained at all times. Host does not use guest amenities (e.g., sauna, outdoor shower) while guests are staying or within the 3 days before.
- Guests are responsible for bringing a mask and sufficient hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and other such supplies for their own use.
Guests should understand that some features and amenities (e.g., breakfast option, sauna) may be unavailable depending on current regulations in force and/or host’s discretion.