Whether you are staying in the cabin or yurt, treat yourself to a relaxed start to the day! Brekkie-in-basket is available for singles ($25) or couples ($35) and is wholesome, homemade, and brought out to your accommodation at a time of your choosing.
What’s Inside? It’s a bit of a surprise each day, so I can’t detail or guarantee specific contents, but the general format is:
- coffee (locally-roasted and fresh ground just before brewing) or tea (choice of premium black/green/herbal)
- a couple items of home baking (e.g., muffin, croissant, cinnamon roll) for each person
- home-made bread (most often light rye sourdough)
- a couple jams (home-made or local), cream cheese or some sliced mild cheese, butter
- yogurt or kefir
- milk, coffee cream (if requested)
- cereal (typically muesli or granola)
- fruit and/or fruit juice
Alternatively, if you feel like something warm and hearty, you can opt for bowl of steel-cut oats slow-cooked with plentiful nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Comes with coffee/tea, yogurt/kefir and fruit/juice.
Though breakfast may be available on short-notice, please arrange at least 5 days in advance to ensure availability (or 10 days if there are dietary restrictions).
Breakfast includes as much organic and/or local product as possible. Sources include:
- Organic, fair-trade, wood-fire roasted coffee from Ironwood Coffee Company (Big Bay)
- Organic yogurt and kefir from Saugeen Country Dairy (Markdale)
- Jams & preserves from Cottage Country North (Wiarton)
- Organic apple Cider from Filsingers (Ayton)
- Organic steel-cut oats from Oak Manor Farms (Tavistock)
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and most other dietary restrictions, can usually be accommodated with sufficient notice.